Friday, December 15, 2006

Festival of Trees

I tried to send this remotely about a week and a half ago.  The Saturday I'm referring to is December 2nd. 

 

Today I'm sending this remotely from work.  Windstorms knocked out our power, phone, cell towers... pretty much everything.  Over a million people are without power.  I'll probably keep my pumped milk at work so it doesn't spoil without refrigeration!  I have to break down and buy some diapers because power is not going to be on soon enough for me to wash up a load!

 

On Saturday all four of us went up to Tacoma to the festival of trees.  We had a lot of fun looking at all the pretty trees and listening to music and watching dancers on the stage.  Unfortunately I forgot my camera!  Darn!  There were about 70 trees, all of which were gorgeous and had wonderful gifts under them.  It’s a great event that benefits Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital, the same hospital that my nephew Landon stayed at while he recovered from RSV as an infant.  Lacy got to meet Rhubarb the Reindeer, the mascot for Tacoma’s minor league baseball team, the Rainiers.  He signed a baseball card for her.  She is normally terrified of mascots, but she couldn’t stop talking about him and she would not let anyone else hold the card he gave her for a long time.  Try to say this ten times fast:  “Rhubarb the Rainier Reindeer”

 

We got our picture taken with Santa while we were there, too.  Rose was more than happy for a total stranger to hold her, but she’s really easy going when it comes to that.  She just wants to be held, darn it!  Lacy, on the other hand, was extremely apprehensive about him.  She sat down with Santa when Mom and Dad sat down there as well.  I’ll have to scan the picture in so I can post it soon, but I’ve never used my scanner so I’ll have to see if I can get it to work!

No comments: