Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Nightweaning, day 6

It went reasonably well last night! Yea! She fell asleep quickly and slept for a while and woke once before 11. That's a big improvement! I'm hoping she does this on a regular basis :) Then she woke around 11:30 and had trouble calming back down. I had Dave take the reigns on that one for a while because it was after the no nursing time. Since it was phase 2 we could still pick her up and rock her. It took about 10-15 minutes to get her back to sleep. She may have woken up once or twice after that in the night, falling back to sleep relatively quickly, but I didn't notice! She woke again right before 6 and wouldn't calm back down, so at 5:58 I said "close enough!" and let her nurse. It's 8:30 and she's sleeping soundly.

You know, I don't think we could have done this had we not moved Lacy out of our bed. We'll probably invite her back in on occasion (if she would like) in another month after Rose is on a predictable pattern of sleep. Lacy sleeps on a princess toddler bed (well, the sheets are princess anyway) next to our bed. I know most normal people would have moved her to her own room, but nobody's ever accused me of being normal. I enjoy being able to hear her breathe at night.

Today we're dropping the kids off at Leslie's and we're going to a movie! Baby's waking up, better start my day!

No comments: