Friday, February 29, 2008

Nightweaning, days 7 and 8

I wanted to talk to Dave about how night 7 went, so I talked to him last night about it. Well, I wasn't feeling well so I hit the sack early and didn't blog about it. Oops.

Well, day 7 was a breeze! She woke up a couple times before 11 (as usual) and woke up around 12:30, had a hard time calming back down, so I took her in the other room to rock her. She calmed down after about 5 minutes, and woke again right before 6. I was so excited! Dave concurred that this is what happened, so my baby actually slept through the night!

I was expecting more of the same tonight, but it wasn't to be. She woke up several times through the night, and I was able to get her back to sleep without nursing, but boy am I tired this morning. Then she woke around 5:45 and wouldn't calm down, so I said, "close enough" and nursed her back to sleep. She's still sleeping and it's almost 9. I've got to get her on a better schedule. She needs to wake up at 8 so she has better naps and easier bedtimes! We'll work on that once the nightweaning process is complete.

Dave was not excited about going back to work in Seattle. The commute is killer, and it makes him so tired. He was so much happier working in Centralia. He told me yesterday, "You must have said some crazy prayers, because I'm working with my dream crew. They are the best workers I could ever hope to work with." So at least he is surrounded by good, hard workers! And to make him feel better about working there, they did actually beg him to come back. Dave is a very hard worker, and any company that gets him knows that he is a rare breed these days. That's got to be a nice ego booster for him!

No comments: