Thursday, September 18, 2008

We had a long night

Everyone has been so tired today because of yesterday. I am exhausted, Dave is physically worn down, and the girls are crabby and tired. Well, Rose is asleep. And it's just after 7. And she took a long nap today. I guess that's what happens when you've never spent a night away from your mama! I sure missed my little Roo, and my Bugsy, too. It was so strange not having them here this morning.

When I went to pick the girls up this morning, Lacy ran out the front door to greet me and give me a big hug. I was told that she was super excited to have her very first sleepover (we don't do them except in emergency or with cousins, so it will be the first of very few) and kept jabbering away all night, even after her friend Wynnie fell asleep.

Rose was very happy to see me, too. She heard my voice and came running out. "Mama! Boobie!" and she just wanted to nurse for, well, basically all day. Since I missed her so much, I didn't set too many limitations. The only time I denied her was when I was trying to process jars of pears and blackberries! She had a very hard time adjusting from being away from me, and was quite jealous that Esme got to nurse. Emily gave her a bottle of water and that seemed to help her quite a bit-- she fell asleep 10 minutes after that. Poor thing!

No comments: