Thursday, October 23, 2008

Blessed

I had a big long post typed out, but I decided to erase it. What matters is that I am so grateful for the blessings that my family has been given in the last two weeks. I am feeling so incredibly blessed right now, and thankful to my Heavenly Father for all that we have been given. My stress load is substantially lessened because of it, and I am so grateful for that. I am very lucky-- I have a wonderful, hard working husband and two precious children who are a joy. I also have a home to live in, reliable transportation, access to clean water, more than enough food to eat, and warm clothes to wear. I have been blessed with many abilities-- sewing, knitting, cooking, baking, gardening, and others-- that has helped my family in many ways during our difficult summer.

Sometimes, life is tough. I really need to start thinking of my blessings first before I start thinking of my challenges. That will make life's challenges so much easier to bear.

Hey... am I turning into a grown up? When did this happen?

3 comments:

Kathy Habel said...

Sometime life is tough but what does not break us makes us stronger right.

Angela said...

What a beautiful post! I loved reading it! :)

Unknown said...

Your posts often times make me ponder about our life. Thank you for your delightful entries. I too have much to be thankful for. Suzie (not Eric)