Sunday, May 31, 2009

Telling Lacy

It was really fun to let Lacy know that I was pregnant. I really wanted to tell my sister first (after Dave, obviously), so it was fun that we had her in our car driving up to Zion's camp a week ago. They had too many passengers in their car, so Les was the one voted off the Suburban and sat between two carseats in our van. Leslie got in, and I said, "So, I have a special secret to share. Do you want to guess what it is?" Leslie's eyes got big immediately and knew exactly what I was talking about. Since we weren't exactly trying, this was unexpected news, for sure! It took a little while for Lacy to figure it out. OK, we told her. But she didn't get it.

Finally, after about a half an hour or so, I said something about how "the egg hatched" and finally it clicked. MOMMY IS PREGNANT!!! Suddenly she couldn't stop talking about how excited she was! "I'm super very very very very very very ONE HUNDRED excited!!!" When we got to the camp site, within about 5 minutes everyone in our group knew we were expecting. The next day, when other people began arriving, they all knew within minutes of arriving as well.

The only reason she didn't end up telling every living soul at church the Sunday after we went camping was because it was Rose's birthday, and she told everyone that news instead! But she's starting to spread the news to her teachers in Primary now that Rose's birthday is over.

7 comments:

Affe said...

Happy Birthday to Rose.

Les said...

Within minutes? Actually, it was within seconds! And her cheeks had to have been tired of smiling by the end of that day. She seriously smiled the whole day since she was so super super very very 100 excited!

Carolyn said...

I think a couple of your boys weren't paying attention to their little cousin at first, which is why I said 5 minutes. Everyone else found out as soon as Lacy was out of the van!

Jenn Tobin said...

So I am so excited! But my math is so bad, when are you due?!?!

Carolyn said...

End of January :)

* said...

that is so cute...very very one hundred excited! Love it. What a memory!
PS: congrats!
PPS: found you on Mormon Mommy blogs.

Launi said...

Congratulations! We're having a giveaway on my blog for a book called HypnoBirthing. Maybe you could use that about now. Your children are really lovely.