Tuesday, October 06, 2009

A little pregnancy update


I'm almost 24 weeks! Yippee! I had a midwife appointment today. Everything's looking really good! Baby's head down, at least he was today, though it's so early that he could easily change positions and flip flop all over the place. Eventually he'll (probably) settle down into a good vertex position.

The good news- I've only gained 12 pounds thus far! True, 5 pounds have been in the past week, but with both the girls, I had gained about 20 at this point. I'm really happy since I started out heavier this pregnancy, and I really didn't want to have to lose a ton of weight to get to my pre-pre-pregnancy weight! Also, the birthing center should be finished in December or January, so I'll likely be one of the first to deliver there! I'm so excited! The midwife said that now that there's going to be a birth center, they are having about 50% of their clients signing up for birth center births, whereas it used to be maybe one or two a month. They're also turning clients away because of increased interest in their services now that they have a birthing center going in.

I've decided to go ahead and get the gestational diabetes test done. I'll be between 26 and 28 weeks when it's done. It's my third pregnancy and I've declined it every time before now, but I'm at a slightly increased risk for gestational diabetes based on my history. I really doubt I've ever had it, or that I have it now, but the midwives strongly recommended it this time.

1 comment:

Jeff and Jessie said...

You look cute! For some reason, I think round bellies make women look lovely.
My babies have never settled in a head down position until the last two or three weeks. They are busy in and busy out!